Thursday, February 23, 2012

Meet Dufferman 2.0

1. Why did you join Hunter?

I am one of the original Hunter owners. Basically, it was one of the open leagues back when HBD was getting started so I joined it. I've stayed because I like the 'dynasty' part of HBD; accumulating the stats, seeing players come and go and just managing the franchise. Also Hunter is a very good league and I've enjoyed being part of it. Finally, it took 17 seasons for the BayDogs to reach a level of semi-respectability so I had to stay until I could look on the franchise with a little pride. :-)

2. What is your favorite aspect of Hunter?


As I said, I think Hunter is a good competitive league, where everyone has a chance of winning, or at least competing. There are also some very dedicated owners that make things much more interesting. I do not know anyone personally, but some of the guys have been around a long time and I think that makes it a strong league. Also, jahu, the commish is doing a great job with this blog and in running the league. (COMMISH EDIT: I really do appreciate all the positive feedback, it makes it a little easier when I have to hunker down to do the power ranks) That is very important for league stability.

MTO Follow-up?

How did it feel when Rich Peters finally made the HOF?

I was happy when Rick Peters got in to the HOF. I had been campaigning for him for some time because of the 500+ home runs and the fact that he lost a season to injury in his prime. Due to Baltimore's poor records during his career , he did not get some of the publicity that others received, but I think he was definitley deserving. Reading what I just wrote, I need to remind myself that he is just a pretend player - get a little too involved sometimes. (COMMISH EDIT: As a guy who once wrote sonnets to Magglio Javier, there is no such thing as too involved ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: jahu43
To: dufferman
Sent: 2/3/2012 1:10:00 PM
Subject: MTO v2

Going to be running somehting similar to last year to drive blog content.

Can you answer the following questions?


No comments: