Monday, May 14, 2012

HOF-S23

By my count there are 10-15 guys on the ballot that could be considered for the HOF. If we all vote independently no one will get in, as a result I ask that everyone constrain their voting to the 7 players listed below. Please decided if you feel they are HOF or not.




There are MORE deserving players than the 7 below however these guys will disappear from the ballot soonest, so we need to clear the backlog. To put the effect of a “splintered vote into perspective”, three seasons ago before everyone started voting together Garret Biggio a CF with 3063 hits, 636HR & 2084 RBI did NOT get in season. Let’s clean up this first 7 and we’ll move to the next batch next year.



I have put the guys in the order I will be voting for them and who will be getting HOF votes. I will be voting for the MAX 5 listed in order below. As mentioned above please limit your votes to the 7 players listed, vote for 0 to 5 of the below. You do not have to follow my order, I just figured I'd give a glimpse at my rationales




1. Frank Zhang- I don't think I need to put much here as he's as much as a lock that exists for the HOF. 755HR and 2011RBIs. Multiple MVPs............just vote for him.


2. E. Gonzalez- I make this argument every year, if we don't want a HOF full of 1b/Lf/RF we have to start voting in some skilled positions. Mendy Clemens is the only 2b in the HOF, Biggio will be the first CF & E. Gonzalez deserves to be the first SS. In the history of Hunter E. Gonzalez probably held the title for best SS for six to nine seasons. At a premium position that is worth a trip to the hall. Add on the following numbers. 1500+ runs 445 HR 1600+ RBI .501 Slugging, those stats would be impressive for a career at 1b, at SS they are ridiculous.

3. S. Morgana- Simply put he's the best C in the history of Hunter, a great mix of both offenisve and defensive talent (70+ PC). His offensive numbers are the reason he'll go into the hall. 400HR, 1090RBI, .300 AVG & .913 OPS. When I ran the ballot for the best C in Hunter history, Morgana edged out A.Campos for the top spot. If you are the best player at any position over 20 seasons, you should be HOF bound


4. P Chavez- It would be fitting of Pablo Chavez went into the HOF the last year as G. Biggio (S22 inductee) as he played in his shadow for most of his career. Chavez was the 2nd best CF in Hunter for 10 seasons. Unfortunately for him Biggio could be argued as the best Hunter player ever regardless of position. He just happened to play the same one as Chavez. He was a multi-time all-star and a multi-time silver slugger in CF and also picked up two World Series rings. In his prime Chavez was a legit CF, not just a LF masquerading as a CF to get an extra bat in the line-up. He ended up with 515HR, you get to 500HR with CF as your primary position you get in the hall


5. R. Brito- While 3b isn't as difficult to find at 2b, SS or CF. Brito should get bonus points for fielding a position much more difficult than 1b,LF or RF. Brito is one of the few HOF candidates who was a gold glover (3x) as well as a silver slugger (3x). He also picked up Seven All-Star appearances for his career. He ended up 30HR short of 500. In his prime he was a plus defender and a plus bat at a semi-premimum position. I think if we didn't have the backlog we currently have Brito would end up getting in but he's got a tough row to hoe with all the deserving candidates

6. Matty Garces- Matty, just misses the cut for me this year, he has the resume 600+ HR & an MVP award, however given the talent of available players I have to nitpick a bit. Everyone above him on the list played a premiem or semi-premium position (except Zhang, but seriously if you haven't voted for him yet stop reading this right now and go vote). He was a below average defender in RF and he just nips over .900 OPS for his career. Like I said I'm nitpicking, he'll get my vote in the future, I just think there are 5 better candidates.

7. Miguel Bennet- The only pitcher on the ballot this year. I am not sure what to do with RP, specfically closers. This year he doesn't make my personal ballot but I will be interested to see what others do with him. He is the Hunter world leading in saves with 512 and had a very good ERA at 3.52 for his career. If a RP was going to go in, I think it would have to be Bennet.......that said I'm not convinced I'd ever vote for a RP.






No comments: